Monday, September 11, 2023

WORLD TRADE CENTER (1992-1998) - DIFFERENT VIEWS PART 2 -

The "Different Views " series are an attempt to offer a different photographic perspective of famous New York landmarks. Through a selection of images from the archives, the landmark is shown fully integrated in its urban environment. An alternative to the classic touristic landmark representation.

Please also see:

Different Views Part 1 - Flatiron Building

Different views Part 3 - Empire State Building 


















This postcard was sent to me from NYC by my parents in the summer of 1977 as I was in vacations in the south of France. It is probably part of the many things that made me want to move to New York once I became old enough!

11 comments:

  1. Every one of these is fantastic. I only experienced them as a child but I'll never forget their presence. But what I really want and would pay a small fortune for is a shot of the Twins from Sheridan Square in the Village, or really anywhere along 7th Ave through there. That's the perspective on the twins I remember most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly amazing photos! I felt like I was right back in that time. You have a great eye. Wonderful blog by the way. You have a new subscriber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully captured images. Great job!
    hope to see more of your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only got to see the twins once with my own eyes when I took a greyhound from texas to long island, ny to visit relatives. We stopped over in Manhattan for over three hours. That was back in summer 2000.

    I'm disgusted at the weak, plastic-looking sky-window s*$& they erected in the twins place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to see photos of the towers from an apartment building.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are amazing, thanks so much for sharing them! Miss that view tremendously

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much for this great comment ! I am really glad to know that you are enjoying these images and that like me, you can see the story they try to tell...about a time, not so faraway, but so different !

      Delete